Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ship Happens...

When working on ships everything can happen. A week ago, a piece on my Bb clarinet broke during the gig in the Manhattan Room. The rest of the gig I was playing on my A clarinet. Luckily I could borrow  the clarinet from the saxophoneplayer  in ManBand,  and yesterday I went into Naples with my clarinet to look for a repairman. I had prepared a little letter in Italian and they knew right away what was wrong with it when I got there. For only 10 euros, I now have a functioning clarinet.
 
After some shopping in the Music Street in Naples we visited the concervatory.  Here Henrik is posing in front of his friend Beethoven 
 Naples for me means pizza, really good pizza that is.  We visited this pizzaplace on our last contract and here we are back at "Pizzeria Decumani"
Henrik and Sofia ordered the speciality "Stella pizza" wich is a pizza shaped as a star with different filling in each "arm". 
Michael from the bluesband "Charlie Love and the silky smooth band" joined us for pizza.  Today we are in Civitavecchia (Rome) and enjoying our day off. 
 
Chiao Bella!
/Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment